WELCOME TO THE ROTARY CLUB OF NORTHEAST FLORIDA
Welcome to the Rotary Club of Northeast Florida. We are Rotary District 6970's 61st club receiving our charter from Rotary International on April 16, 2015. Club membership is made up from individuals who reside in the 12 counties of the northeast corner of Florida - Alachua, Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Marion, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Union, and Volusia.
Many members of our club are individuals who could not meet the weekly meeting requirements of a terra club due to professional or personal commitments. Their membership in our club gives them access to their club anywhere, 24 hours a day, six days a week. Also, our club affords Rotarians the opportunity to do make up meetings with us when they are unable to attend their home club meetings.
2020 - 2021 Rotary Club of Northeast Florida Board of Directors
Sandra Hartley, President
Susan Soltys, President Elect/Secretary
Gene Gstohl, Past President/Treasurer
Ann Breidenstein, Foundation Chair
Patti Miniard, Director
Who Can Join?
If you are interested in joining our club, you need to be in one of the following categories:
- Eligible prospective members located in northeast Florida with no previous membership in Rotary, who wish to be involved in community and international service projects, and who could effectively serve through an online meeting format.
- Eligible prospective members, who were formerly, but are not currently, members of a Rotary club.
- Young eligible prospective members who are under the age of 35 who cannot fit the standard Rotary meeting format into their schedule or justify the financial commitment.
- Current Rotarians who are unable to sustain standard Rotary club membership due to extensive business commitments, health issues, geographical isolation, or a mobile lifestyle, but desire to continue with Rotary.
Call to Order: 6:00 p.m. on Saturday
Adjournment: 6:00 p.m. on the following Friday
Members are expected to participate by making comments in the meeting. Attendance is taken via member comments.
- Please contact Club Secretary Susan Soltys at Susans1007@yahoo.com to get an application.
- An initiation fee of $25 must be submitted with your application form.
- Dues are $55 per calendar quarter. Members are encouraged to pay on line.
- Weekly attendance is required. If you are unable to make a weekly meeting, you are expected to make it up. Check with your club secretary on how to make up a meeting.
- Members should plan to participate in club service projects, social events, and collaborative projects.